Trump’s and Merkel’s Awkward Meeting

Trump’s and Merkel’s Awkward Meeting (slow) slow
Trump’s and Merkel’s Awkward Meeting (fast) fast

On March 17 the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, met U.S. president, Donald Trump for the first time. Trump has been president of the USA since January 20th. The two talked about many things, for example about NATO. Trump wants Germany to pay more money for NATO. They also talked about fighting Islamic terrorism and the trade deficit.

During the election campaign last year Trump criticized Merkel several times. Specifically, he criticized her refugee policy. At the meeting in the White House, Merkel said it was better to talk with each other than about each other.

In one of the more awkward moments of the meeting, Trump appeared to refuse to shake hands with the German Chancellor. He did, however, shake hands with her when she arrived at the White House earlier.

What do you think about Trump's presidency so far?
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

This scale is based on the grade level of text. For example, a “5.0” means the reading level of a fifth grade elementary textbook. A ’12’ is equal to a the 12th grade or last year in high school, a ’13’ equals the first year in university. The grade levels correspond to the U.S. school system.

6 thoughts on “Trump’s and Merkel’s Awkward Meeting

• March 26, 2017 at 5:21 pm

I never approve President Trump’s attitude at the meeting with chancellor Angela Merkel. President Trump’s behavior has had a negative impact on the people of the United States and also all of the world either.

• March 28, 2017 at 3:25 am

I think, He did not shaking hand caused by He don’t want looked nice in front of media.

• March 28, 2017 at 6:25 am

I do not know why did you stop sharing the translation in Spanish it was very useful because some times the direct translation from other sources is confusing or incorrect. I wish you could add it again

• March 28, 2017 at 9:29 am

I understand how you feel. I used to provide popup translation for Spanish and Japanese. But now my users are from many different countries. Only a small portion are Japanese or Spanish speakers. In the meantime, though it is not perfect, ‘Google Translate’ has become much better. Also, it takes a lot of time and money to make the popups and I am trying to keep the content free here. I am really sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you.

• April 2, 2017 at 3:00 am

I think, the behavior´s Mr. Trump, it´s bad. Because Mrs Angela Merkel is a Lady.

• June 13, 2017 at 9:40 am

I understand, thanks a lot.

Comments are closed.